Ready for the steps?
- I was going on second-day hair that day, so I bobby pinned my front pieces up into a bump.
- Just like in the twisted side pony, I gathered a small section of hair at the nape of my neck and secured it in a low ponytail with a clear elastic band.
- Working from the bottom to the top with the loose hair, I gathered small sections and began twisting them backwards and pinning them around the clear elastic band.
- I would twist and pin a small section from the right, and then switch it and twist and pin a section from the left.
- You don't have to twist the pieces back, but as you can see in the top right photo, it gives the hair some cool definition.
- Try to hide the bobby pins. If you can't, it's OK!
- Once it was all pinned, I separated and tugged on a couple pieces to give my hair a bit more volume and texture.
- Finish with a light veil of hairspray!