Do you remember the adorable girl I talked about, named Emily, who sent me the email asking me to do the Holiday Updo?
Welp, she's amazing because she sent me another Hey Kayli video and asked me to give it a go. Kayli had titled the video New Year's Eve Updo... but I think it's just more of a braided updo. I gave it a shot, and almost followed her directions to a T (but had to make adjustments because she does a lot of teasing and hairspraying). Would you like to know my version? I knew you would.
- Begin with brushed hair.
- I think mine would have worked better if it had a it of a curl at the ends.
- Spin Pins are awesome for days when you're on the go and don't have time for a fancy updo, or if you're looking for a really classy, sleek look.
- Instead of making a regular plait like Kayli did, I instead did a French braid with my hair. I think it makes it a bit fancier.
- One side may have a longer braid if you part your hair on the side.
- I chose the shorter side (right side) so the ends could be covered by my longer side braid.
- If you have longer hair, it would be cool to also wrap the ends of the braids around the bun to give it a cool, multi-dimensional look.
So>> want to know something random? The girl who got her hair done in the video (CarlieStylez) used to live in Idaho. We were all friend with the same people. I saw the video and was like... wait, I know that face!
What a small world it is, huh?
I hope you like it! Try it and send me pictures! xo
PS>> PS>> I'm having a GIVEAWAY over at Aunie Sauce. It's open until January 24th and is for a beautiful leather bracelet. Get yourself entered!!!