I think I need to let you in on a little secret. The beach twist is NOT just for summer weather. In fact, it makes a really sleek, elegant updo that you can wear to work anytime of the year.
Last time I did this hairstyle, I tried the beach twist on dry hair. This time I only had a few minutes before I had to leave for work, so I pulled it back when it was wet. I also changed the steps for the last tutorial I made for this one a bit. They are as follows:
- Run a comb through your wet hair to get rid of any tangles.
- Create a deep side part.
- On the side with the part (less hair), begin twisting a piece of hair right by your scalp.
- Add in sections of hair as you twist, twisting it low by the hairline along the back of your head and toward the opposite ear.
- When you have it to where you're going to want your bun (just below the opposite ear for me), add a clip to keep it secure for just a moment.
- Begin the same process on other side.
- Twist along your scalp until you've reached the place where you want your bun and your hair from the other side is clipped.
- Remove the clip.
- Twist both sections together in another twist. Secure this bun with Spin Pins.
- Bobby pin any loose pieces that might be too short to wrap around the bun.
- You can totally add a flower if you want... but it's gross and dreary here in Idaho... and I just thought the sleek look was more appropriate.