Don't worry. It's not that bad. Trust me, if I can do it... you can do it!
Last night I just didn't feel like washing my hair. I had done the Zoë Twist yesterday, and I really wanted to give my hair one more day to grease itself up before I washed it. And no-- that's not gross. It's good for my hair, OK? So, instead of the whole shampoo routine, I tried something different. I Wrap Snap & Go curled my dry, dirty hair.
When I woke up, I took out the curlers and was a little dismayed to find that the back hardly curled at all, whereas the front was all spiraled. Bummer. But I gave this style a go anyway and this is the braided side topsy tail that I came up with:
Oh my, I loved it! It's so simple. Here are the steps:
- Begin with wavy, crimped, curly or whatever hair you prefer.
- Create a deep side part in the front of your hair.
- Braid the front sections of your hair and secure them with clear plastic bands.
- Pull your hair into a side ponytail.
- Using a Topsy Tail tool (or just your own awesome skill), create a small hole right above your ponytail holder.
- Pull your ponytail up and through the hole to make a topsy tail.
- Finish with a flower or leave it as-is.
- Voila-- you're finished!
P.S. If you want to see the fun nails I did to go along with that leopard print scarf, click here!