Thursday, April 11, 2013
Since going dark was the first thing I've done to my hair in over 2 years, the color faded a little quicker than I would have liked—especially on my previously highlighted tips. I went back and had the same shade put on again, and this time I think it's here for the long haul. ♥
Thursday, March 14, 2013
My hair is always doing something different... wavy, braided, curly, twisted, or all slicked back & out of the way. The style always seems to match my mood. In honor of my brand new blonde-to-brunette hair change, I've compiled a fun little list of what my hair is "saying" on a given day.
My hairstyle says:
- All down & Hollywood curly: This took a long time so I must be going somewhere where I want to look goooooooood.
- Loose, messy braid: Let's keep it low-maintenance & playful, this hairstyle is for the girls.
- French braid: Don't pay attention to me today.
- Tight ballerina bun: I mean business.
- Messy bun: My hair is really dirty, I hope no one notices...
- Hat: My hair is really really dirty. I knew I should have washed it.
- Ponytail: Feelin' sporty.
- Top knot: I am a blogger—take my photo. (Hence, the photo above... obviously).
- Pinned bump on top: I know my husband hates this, but it's so convenient.
- Wet so it can air-dry: I just don't care today.
- Side ponytail: Feelin' sporty & chic.
- Updo: Must. Be. Fancy. Updo. Means. Fancy.
- All down & straight: Finally... just me & natural.
Buzz Words: Musings
Monday, March 11, 2013
Bracelet: c/o Outfit Additions (use code SAUCE for 15% off)
And... my 2-year long no-coloring-my-hair streak is over—I'm officially a brunette!
You may remember a year ago when Daniel wrote his one (and only) post on Aunie Sauce, and showed you a photo of me with brunette hair. Let's just say that since he stumbled upon that photo, he's been asking me with big puppy-dog eyes to go darker, and finally—I did it—though I let him pick the color... if I'm gonna do it, you bet I'm gonna do it right!
Of the 26 years I've been around, only about 1 of them has been enjoyed as a brunette (I've gone dark 3-times before... 3 short times), so here we go...here's to new hair!
PS> My natural color? The top left photo's roots! That's 2-years of grow-out!
Buzz Words: Brunette
Monday, March 4, 2013
Ring: c/o rosieMADE (use coupon SAUCYrosie for $15 off a $50 order)
These days, braids are my favorite hairstyle. They take me just a minute or two to do, and then I'm usually able to sleep in them overnight and get to rock some killer crimped hair the next day.
I did this style the other day while sitting at my desk at work. It's a Dutch braid that begins on the right side of my head and crosses diagonally in the back so it hangs down like a side left braid in the front.
It's easy. It's effortless. It's chic. To see the style post that went with this braid, click here.
Friday, February 15, 2013
About a year ago, I made a post called Curl Your Hair Without Heat about how to curl your hair with a headband after watching a video on YouTube. It has since turned into my most-viewed post and has generated a ton of emails from readers who want to know exactly how to do it.
Today, I bring you my very own video tutorial for what I like to call the "Friar Tuck."
- I have fine hair—and a lot of it. It holds curl well.
- This curling method does not work if your hair is wet. It must be completely dry.
- If your hair falls out of this easily, try wrapping your hair in a silk scarf before going to sleep.
- If you have long hair, try using two headbands to reduce tangles & make it easier to tuck!
- Dry shampoo used: Suave
- Sea salt spray used: Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Spray
- Songs in the video: (1) 1234 by Feist (2) New Soul by Yael Naim
- The photos below show my hair after an entire day. Some days the curls don't last quite as long.
/ / Like this video? Subscribe to my channel on YouTube! If you try the Friar Tuck, tweet or instagram me a photo with the hashtag #auniefriartuck. Love love love